About Me

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Thin line between Genius....and CRAZY




Ok, first off, HEYYYYY!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!! "I been gone for a minute now I'm back with the jumpoff." LOL

Anyways, back to the topic of this particular entry. Has anyone else ever noticed how once celebrities reach a certain amount of fame, they seem to go crazy. I was thinking about this the other day while enjoying some party favors and I realized that almost every really monumental celebrity has gone crazy at some point in their career. Lets take a look at the examples I came up with...

(no particular order)

1. Michael Jackson....'nuff said
2. Whitney Houston
3. Mariah Carey
4. Britney Spears
5. Kanye West

Now, I will not go into the King of Pop's craziness because we could be here all day. I'll just say its somewhere between Papa Joe's crazy ass and that Pepsi incident.

However, Whitney's downfall is known to the rest of the world as New Edition's Bobby Brown who Whitney claims is the "King of R&B". whatever Whit. Anyways, Whitney had a good thing going for her, cute model type body, pretty face and an absolutely amazing vocal talent. Then came crack. YOU'RE DONE. Years after all of the paprazzi events, Bobby's baby mamas and court appearances, Whitney has seemed to leave Bobby and take Bobbi Krisitina and get her sh*t together. Whitney, I still love you and support you. Best of luck boobie =) .....its just too bad all that crack has ruined your voice.


Then we have Miss Mariah, Mami Mariah, MC, MiMi or whatever the hell she is calling her self these days. Now, like Whitney, Mariah is beautiful with the face and body yadda yadda and her voice is great too. But, Mariah went crazy somewhere between Tommy Mottola and Glitter. Now, I know you are probably reading this and thinking, "thats a big time gap". Lest we forget the time she thought she was fully black and started doing this whole Bad Boy remix thing. Lest we not forget her, hmmmm, lets say "hospital" visit. Mariah, however is a bad b*. Not a bad b* in the since of someone who is really attractive but bad in the way that when it is 2052 you can count on Mariah's ass to have her 98th #1. Shoutout to Mariah coming back and re-inventing her self, good one but as for now, Mariah, sit down. You have a kid...ooops! I mean you married Nick Cannon, have some kids somewhere and stop looking stupid in Aspen, jerk.

Britney Spears. Okay, Britney is without a doubt a superstar. In fact she is so famous that she as well has turned "crazy", the first for our generation being that she is in the younger age bracket than a Mariah or a Whitney. Britney was just fine with 'Baby One More Time' and dating Justin Timberlake. But Britney got a little ahead of herself and cheated on him and then her life just fell apart after that. Then came K-Loser and the shaving of her head. The best thing that came out of their union was her two baby boys which she barely gets to see because she has had so many crazy "spells". Driving with her baby on her lap ring a bell anyone?? P.S. Brit, either learn how to properly get out of the car like a lady or wear some panties. =)

Mr. West. Before I go into this let me say how much I respect you as an producer and artist. I have been a Kanye fan since The Blueprint. I think he is a talented artist and his beats are hot, "Let the Beat Build", "H to the Izzo", "I Changed My Mind", "Swagger Like Us" and "Comfortable" just to name a few. And despite the money he has, Kanye has seemed to have gone completely off his rocker. I try to give him the benefit of the doubt due to the passing of his mother (pink and green kisses) and the break up between him and his fiancee, Alexis. Kanye, I feel you. I'm sorry for your losses. Buttttt, please stop before you "off" yourself. I'm so scared for you. No, seriously. The '808's & Heartbreak' LP was well, for a lack of a better word "heartbreaking". According to S. Whit, that album is "good for a rainy day." LOL. The cartoon videos, the no hair cut the crazy airport antics, relax. Go buy some Louis, slide off with a model or two, make a beat and get some rest before you end up falling asleep at the wheel again. Second chances are rare and you my dear, are NOT invincible.

Now after my little dissertation on how I think celebrities go crazy after they hit a certain point, who do you think is next??

Personally, I feel like your girl Sasha Fierce is about to lose it. Beyonce Giselle Knowles, Bey or Mrs. Carter, however you would like to be addressed ma'am, you need to sit down. You are married to a multi-billionaire && you're a millionaire.....have some kids. You are 1/3rd of the world's best selling female group of all time and your solo career has completely skyrocketed since from the movies to the albums to the clothes to the endorsements. But I feel like you are taking it a little too far with the whole "Sasha Fierce, I sing world pop for European 14 year olds". Come back. Come back to 'Me, Myself & I', come back to 'Dangerously in Love', sh*t, can the black community at least get 'Check up on it'??? LOL. Everyone that knows me, knows that I am a HUGE Beyonce fan. I respect her swag, I respect her hustle and I think she is a very talented entertainer. I always buy her albums the day the drop. Thats right, BUY, not download or steal =) With that being said, I was well aware of this "Sasha" bullish but that doesn't mean you have the right to release a double sided album as if you are 2 different artists. Whats with the alter ego hun? Whats with the black and white videos Bey? I mean there is absoultely nothing wrong with an artist re-inventing themselves, but...get it together. Your name is Beyonce Giselle Knowles-Carter. We all know you are a bad b*, your man knows, I mean you even know "I've got every reason to feel like I'm that b*", but can someone else get some shine boo boo?? I love seeing you and I do support your projects, but can Solange and Ms. Kelly rock?? Can they have hits?? Well, I mean, Kelly you set yourself up for that one. What other female R&B artist would really drop an album the same day as Queen Bey. Matthew, that was effed up, the poor girl didnt even have a chance.

Anyways I just hope and pray that Beyonce doesn't go crazy and shave her head (not that she couldn't just get another lace front) or do some next sh*t like end up in rehab. Love you Beyyyy =) Say "NO" to drugs.

Unitl the next time, keep an eye out for your favorite artist and hope they dont go crazy.

We miss you Kanye, come back to us.

1 comment:

ucd said...

Um. Beyonce has ALREADY gone crazy. She's just not on drugs. She publically displays split personalities.

I mean, so does T.I. but, he's fron Atlanta.

O_o