About Me

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Movie Review: Madea Goes to Jail


Spoiler Alert!

First off, props to Tyler Perry. I respect his whole, 'I was homeless and now I'm a christian play-wright millionaire' swag. Lol. 

Ever since debuting on the 'chitlin circuit' (I did not make that one up), Tyler Perry has been a household name with various plays turned movies, 'Why Did I Get Married?', 'The Family that Preys' and 'Madea's Family Reunion' to mention a few. 

This particular TP film was a little dark for my liking but the message was good. Tyler is good for a nice love story. Hear that. I hear Derek Luke's fine a** and Little Miss Grown Up 'Rudy' playing the hell out of her prostitute role. Shoutout to Spelman and DST. 

Moral of the story: Life is what you make it and you can try to blame everyone around you for the way you are and how your life turned out but the reality is you have to take responsibility for the actions you take. Forgiveness is key and its not for the other person but for yourself. 

The ending could have been better but a strong 4 and 1/2 out of 5. 

Sex driving a half hour away to see this movie because it was sold out at the nearest/cleanest movie theater.  

[[After Notorious, I'm not sure if Derek Luke will ever shake that whole 'Diddy' persona he has.]]

No comments: