About Me

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

We Need a Resolution...


"...its offifical, you got issues, i got issues...but i KNOW
i miss you..."


Almost everyone is familiar with the late Aaliyah's "We Need a Resolution". Now, when this song first came out, I couldn't fully relate...now I can. Soooo...after a long conversation with my significant other, I felt the need to YouTube this video.

While listening to this song I found me asking myself "am I supposed to change? are you supposed to change?"

Are we?

The answer is...yes.

Change happens. People change. No one is completely going to stay the same forever. So when you love someone, and they start to change...as long as its not a complete 180 and turn for the worse, don't be suprised. I mean, c'mon, did you actually expect them to be the SAME person they have always been? I know I have changed. I know he has changed. The problem isn't change-its the acceptance of change. Some people have a very hard time accepting that things will not be the same forever. Nothing lasts forever. Stop being so uptight, be forgiving and try to go back to the feeling that you felt when you first realized that you fell in love with that person. Love keeps no records of wrong (blog later to come) so sometimes you just have to take the L. You can't and should not fight over everything. Some things in life are just not that serious. Go cuddle with your boo before you have all this confusion, second guessing...no one should be hurt or ashamed...

"Will we remain?"

Yes.

When you are in a relationship (2 years and 4 months to be exact...but who's counting??) for a long time, odds are you know exactly what buttons to push and what to do to get a response and/or rise out of your "boo". However, in the same token you know what to and what not to say.

All I'm saying is...I'm tired of arguing...



"speak your heart...don't bite your tongue..."

No comments: