About Me

Friday, October 3, 2008

...smell you in my dreams...



You Made a Fool of Me. Wow. How do you say that to someone? Wait...no, how does someone DO that to someone?

I dont have the answer, but this morning as I was getting dressed, my iPod played this song while on shuffle. I haven't heard this song in a long time. Actually, this song got no play and most people haven't even heard of the song, let alone the artist, M'shell Ndegeocello. In fact, most people think India.Arie sings this.

This song was on the Love & Basketball soundtrack. Go listen. The lyrics are deep and you can hear the pain in her voice.

I remember when you filled my heart with joy...

Was I blind to the truth? just there to fill the space...

Cause now, you have no interest in anything that I have to say,

I allowed you to make me feel...I feel so dumb

What kind of fool am I? You so easily set me aside

You made a fool of me...tell me why

You say that you don't care, but we made love

I want to kiss you...does she want you with the pain that I do?

I smell you in my dreams...

Now when we're face to face, you won't look me in the eye...no time, no
friendship, no love

you say don't touch you, I can't touch you no more...

No comments: